Hemp Necklaces Part Deux

Ok so I was bored and got the 2nd design done....twice. I like black hemp but since Shannon and I have to wear lilac for a wedding and I had some lilac-ish hemp I'd try one in black and one in lilac.





The black one came first, and I used a more ornate first bead, also bigger, to give that chandelier look.





And yea just to amuse myself I made the lilac one. I've been making necklaces too long today, the lilac only took 31 minutes, probably 45 if you count wrestling with a jumpring for the pendant. It also has a few more beads because the knots are tighter and I used a smaller first bead.





And now I'm off to make something else, something not jewelry hopefully.

5 comments:

  1. awesome, I've made quite a few things over the last month sadly I haven't had time to post any of it or take pictures.
    that purple hemp goes nicely with the colors of my wedding. I love the flower charm too. I remember when you bought that. They both look good. This makes me want to make more jewelry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahem I didn't forget to sign kyle out first. Anycakes I think you've improved since the first attempts. The lilac came out better because the weight of the charm is cohesive with the hemp part. Though you could have used a couple small black beads to tie it in. The chandelier I would expect more dangley shiny stuff, I think the first attempt at that fit better with the charm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Surprisingly this hemp wasn't itchy either, or maybe my neck is tougher than my feet.

    ReplyDelete